Hogwarts The Next Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Already a Rule Breaker (Open)

2 posters

Go down

Already a Rule Breaker (Open) Empty Already a Rule Breaker (Open)

Post  Skylar Tyde Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:27 am

Skylar looked enviously into the shop. The Dragon's Breath was sitting prettily in its case on display. She couldn't help but wish that she could bring a broom with her. With how much practice she had already she could easily take Seeker on the Quidditch team. Sighing she looked at the door. How could she resist?

The little bell jingled as she pushed the door open. Her eyes widened as she took in all the supplies. There were so many things running through her mind, all of them ending up in her breaking school rules. Sighing, she walked down the aisle with the cleaning supplies. How could she break a major school rule when she was lucky enough to be accepted early? As she came to the end the Dragon's Breath came into view. Skylar couldn't help but stand there and stare.
Skylar Tyde
Skylar Tyde

http://hogwartsreturns.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Already a Rule Breaker (Open) Empty Re: Already a Rule Breaker (Open)

Post  Louis Weasley Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:04 pm

Louis, who had spent the majority of the summer badgering his family to let him go to Quality Quidditch Supplies, had finally succeeded and stood outside of it, eyes lighting up as he looked over the display.

Entering the shop for a closer inspection of the things on display, he grinned at the sheer amount of supplies. Engrossed in what he was doing, he didn't notice a dark haired girl nearby.

"Oof!" he exclaimed as he knocked into her. "Sorry, are you alright?"
Louis Weasley
Louis Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylar Tyde Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:13 pm

Skylar let out a gasp as she fought to keep herself upright, finally grabbing onto the nearby shelf. Once she was sure she had her balance she looked up at the boy who had knocked into her.

"Oh, uh, yeah," she said trying to put a smile on her face. After all, it wasn't like he did it on purpose, and at least she didn't fall on her face. She looked around to see if anyone saw her but they were all busy drooling over the Dragon's Breath. "I'm Skylar."
Skylar Tyde
Skylar Tyde

Back to top Go down

Post  Louis Weasley Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:46 pm

"Oh," Louis replied with a smile. "Nice to meet you Skylar. I'm Louis." He stuck out a hand for her to shake.

"So, what are you doing here?" he asked her with a smile. "Where are your parents?"
Louis Weasley
Louis Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylar Tyde Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:52 pm

Giving Louis' hand a quick shake, Skylar shrugged. In all honesty she had purposefully left them to get her cauldron and other school supplies after they had left Madam Malkin's, but she wasn't sure if that was not allowed so she kept with the confused reaction.

"I'm not sure. I suppose they are somewhere around here."

She stood there, her eyes wandering over the shelves, going over some of the transfiguration spells she new. What was something small she could sneak into her suitcase? Turning back to the boy she smiled.

"So where are your parents?"
Skylar Tyde
Skylar Tyde

Back to top Go down

Post  Louis Weasley Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:55 pm

"No idea," Louis said, throwing a shrug and smiling. "So I'm here. They'll know where I am." He looked up at the shelves where Skylar had been looking previously.

"Wow," he said with a small sigh, "I wish I had enough money to get one of these." He rolled his eyes; there was no way in hell he could afford something from this shop with just his pocket money. He turned to Skylar. "Are you going to Hogwarts then?" he asked her.
Louis Weasley
Louis Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylar Tyde Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:59 pm

She nodded her head and smiled bigger. It was hard to believe that she was finally getting to go to her dream school. This was something she had been looking for as long as she could remember. There were only two things that could make this better, the first being sorted into Gryffindor, and the second being the youngest Seeker Hogwarts ever had.

"Yeah, I'm pretty excited. You must be going too, right?"
Skylar Tyde
Skylar Tyde

Back to top Go down

Post  Louis Weasley Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:05 pm

Louis smiled at Skylar's grin.

"I'm not so excited," he said with a shrug. "I mean, I want to get there, but I don't want to be in Hufflepuff." He shook his head.

"Where are you hoping to go?"
Louis Weasley
Louis Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylar Tyde Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:09 pm

"Gryffindor. My dad was in Ravenclaw though, so for all I know I could end up there. I guess it would be better than Slytherin though, right?"

Shivers were sent down her spine at the thought. Even being Hufflepuff would be better than Slytherin. Skylar shook herself mentally and after running back over the shelves, while giving the Dragon's Breath another longing glance, turned to Louis.

"Where do you wanna go?"
Skylar Tyde
Skylar Tyde

Back to top Go down

Post  Louis Weasley Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:12 pm

"Not Hufflepuff," Louis said immediately. "Definitely not. Not Slytherin. Maybe Ravenclaw, but I'd most like to be Gryffindor!" He put a hand on his chest.

"But my sisters' are in different houses, so I could end up in Hufflepuff," he said, wrinkling his nose. "I think I'm a bit offensive to Hufflepuffs," he added as an afterthought.
Louis Weasley
Louis Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylar Tyde Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:16 pm

"How come?" she asked. "I mean, Hufflepuff would be better than Slytherin any day."

Skylar could help but wonder what had happened to make him dislike the House so much. Sure, they were more spoltlight holders than the subjects, but it wasn't like they had a reputation for turning into Deatheaters. If the right person would get into it maybe they could see their glory day along with the rest of the Houses.
Skylar Tyde
Skylar Tyde

Back to top Go down

Post  Louis Weasley Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:20 pm

"I think my sister's hatred for Hufflepuffs has been channelled into me," he said with a smile. "Nah, it wouldn't be as bad as Slytherin. But it just wouldn't be as good as Gryffindor." He smiled.

"Do you have any siblings at Hogwarts?" he asked.
Louis Weasley
Louis Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylar Tyde Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:26 pm

Skylar nodded in agreement to his statement about Gryffindor, taking a moment to pick up a can of broom polish before answering his question. "Nah, I'm the only child. I think mum wants another one, but dad keeps saying 'one is plenty'." She laughed slightly, looking down at the can.

Her dad hadn't always said that. He had actually agreed with mum until the last year. Skylar didn't quite understand why he had such a sudden change in heart, but maybe it was something to do with her mum's recent need to have frequent doctor visits. Whatever it was, they weren't telling her.

"So how many siblings do you have?"
Skylar Tyde
Skylar Tyde

Back to top Go down

Post  Louis Weasley Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:29 pm

"Two," Louis said. "Both girls. I wish I had a brother. The closest to brothers I have are my cousins, but even then there are tons of girls. We're outweighed." He grinned.

"They're alright really," he said with a smile, "but you're not missing out on much."
Louis Weasley
Louis Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylar Tyde Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:40 pm

Skylar shrugged and set the can back on the shelf. "Still, I wish I had a brother. I think we would get along better than if I had a sister. I'm not really into the makeup and doll thing." The corners of her mouth pulled down into a quick grimace.

Sighing, she looked back at the Dragon's Breath. Most of the shoppers had left the window and only Louis, her, and a couple more were browsing the aisles. "So, what do you think about the 'no broom rule' for the First Years? I think it's pretty ridiculous."
Skylar Tyde
Skylar Tyde

Back to top Go down

Post  Louis Weasley Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:58 pm

"I think it's stupid too," Louis agreed with a nod. "I'd love a broom to take with me. Quidditch is awesome. Do you fly?"

He wrung his hands together. "I want a pet too. But I think I'd rather have a broom." He shrugged.
Louis Weasley
Louis Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylar Tyde Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:04 pm

"I guess you could say that," she smiled. Her favorite past time was to take her fathers broom out into their yard in fly. Night time was the best because she could go higher than just the fence, and the higher the better. The thoughts made the desire that much brighter. She reached into her pocket and clutched onto the bag of coins. Giving up a store of candies would be worth getting a broom.

"I already have a pet, so mum gave me some extra coins to spend. If you want we could see about going down to the candy shop or Weasly's Wheazes."
Skylar Tyde
Skylar Tyde

Back to top Go down

Post  Louis Weasley Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:06 pm

Louis grinned. "If we go there, we'll probably run into my family and I'm not sure I can inflict them on you," he said with a smile. "I have a bit of money though, let's go somewhere." He grinned at Skylar.

"What pet have you got?"
Louis Weasley
Louis Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylar Tyde Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:11 pm

"Well, I guess it's technically a cat, but I know how to turn it into an owl," she said with a smile. As they approached the door, she stopped. "Uh, why don't you head on out, I think I forgot something back at the shelves."

Skylar waited patiently until he left hoping that he wouldn't insist on coming with her. She would most likely show him her surprise later, but the last thing she needed at the moment was someone watching her.
Skylar Tyde
Skylar Tyde

Back to top Go down

Post  Louis Weasley Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:53 pm

Louis suspected something, although he couldn't say what. However, he smiled, nodded, and waited outside for his new-found acquaintance to reappear.

Louis Weasley
Louis Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylar Tyde Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:01 pm

With a sigh of relief she moved to the counter. Skylar didn't care if it was luck or just the fact that Louis knew that he'd eventually find out that stopped him from asking questions, but she was grateful. As she approached the man looked up and smiled.

Biting her lip she asked, "Can I have one Dragon's Breath please."

Keeping with the smile on his face the man walked to the back room. Soon he was behind the counter once again. Before he could tell her the price she gave him the exact change, picked up the small bag he had put it into, and said her thanks.

Walking out into the crisp air she smiled at Louis. "Where do you want to go? Have you gotten your wand yet?"
Skylar Tyde
Skylar Tyde

Back to top Go down

Post  Louis Weasley Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:15 pm

"Nope," Louis said with a smile when she returned. "I suppose you've got yours?" He grinned. "I'll get mine sometime or another. I just don't know when."

He shrugged, unsure of where to go. "You choose," he said to her with a smile.

Last edited by Louis Weasley on Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Louis Weasley
Louis Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Skylar Tyde Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:19 pm

Skylar shook her head and looked down the alley. "I don't have mine either. Shall that be our destination?" she asked smiling.

There was a small pit in her stomach telling her that she had just broken a major school rule, but at the moment the adrenaline was overpowering that fear. Now all she wanted was to get a wand in her hand, her wand. There was no way Louis didn't feel that way too.
Skylar Tyde
Skylar Tyde

Back to top Go down

Post  Louis Weasley Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:17 am

"Okay," Louis replied with a smile. "Lead the way."

It was nice to be back out in the street; despite the fact that he could quite easily spend large amounts of time in there, Diagon Alley was too grand to be missed, and he wanted to explore everywhere with it having some more meaning than just "buying Dom and Toire's school stuff".
Louis Weasley
Louis Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down